Thursday, June 01, 2006

On the bike

Leg is still a bit shoddy. Apparently it is an achilles something or other...slightly skeptical as the pain was higher up in the calf - but the only cure is not to run for a while. I am slowly going mad as a result...reckon if I went out now I would run all day. I have walked around half of Copenhagen in a vain attempt to get an adrenalin fix - and last week of course was a forced week off in Nouakchott, not much running there.

Yesterday evening, arriving home in a foul mood, I dusted off my racing bike for the first time this year and went for a 20 mile ride up the coast – a stiff northerly wind meaning the return 10 miles was 5 minutes faster than the outbound trip, despite taking it reasonably gently.

Will give running a go at the end of this week and see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home