Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The death of the twinge?

After another good half hour row yesterday, all seemed fine to go for a test run today. I adopted a similar procedure to that of last week’s trial. A bit of jumping around indoors, a short row, and took the side-door so that a lap around the block would not be out of the question.

Out at the lakes it was a hot evening – rumour has it that it reached 30 degrees in Copenhagen today. I took a gentle lap of the first lake, deciding at its southern end not to push things and head back. It was just as well as the twinge put in brief appearance on the return trip, though it quickly passed. So I completed a massive 2.5km – possibly my shortest run ever – bathed in sweat anyway due to the sun.

I will have another go on Thursday, and decide then if I should do the Bridge Run on Saturday. From a fitness perspective this should not be a problem – the rowing and biking has kept me ticking over – though it may not be a record time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home