Sunday, July 02, 2006

Weekly Results 2nd July – Cometh the Lope, Cometh the Twinge

3 runs this week but of no great distance – one complete lap of the lakes, and 2 laps of the first 3 only (6.1km each).

This evening doing my final run of the week, things started very well. It was hot, as it has been for the last few days. I had warmed up carefully with a 2km row and plenty of stretching. I was running reasonably quickly in spomething approaching my usual loping style southwards along the lakes, when half way along the third one, the twinge put in its biggest appearance for some weeks. I stopped and stretched, and carried on. It was not painful after that, merely stiff as it has been in other runs. Hopefully it is only a passing thing, but this evening it is still there.

Along the final straight I overtook a runner who had previously passed me while I stopped to stretch on the 2nd lake. This meant I had to keep going long and fast past the cafes, lest he mount a counter-attack. Despite looking good past the cafes being the first Thing to Consider (ref the last post) when running round the lakes, I have to learn that when recovering from injury, a runner on the path in front should not be seen as a challenge!

Tomorrow is the monthly ‘Christianshavnermilen’ – 7.341km, or an old Danish mile – around Christianshavn on the other side of Copenhagen. I will go and do it – not least as I will be doing it with a friend – but probably nice and slowly.

Results for the week:

Distance run this week: 20.7km

Distance run to date: 70.1km

Distance cycled this week: 0km

Distance cycled to date: 74km

Distance rowed this week: 10km

Distance rowed to date: 33.3km

My total for June, at 57.9km, was actually better than June 2005’s 51km – last June I was not injured, but aside from the Bridge Run, did very little running after the marathon. I ran 123km in July 2005, which I am not aiming to beat this month, having only 3 weeks available for running (the last week I will be on holiday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home