Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Snow Patrol

Well it has been a while and there are no doubt lots of good reasons for that, but here I am. Things are going well - I ran 101km in January, and am on course for a slightly higher total in February. Nothing too strenuous - no running two days in a row, and I have slowly built up to one long run (17km last week) a week, and a couple of shorter ones.

It will soon be time to run consecutive days, but with 2 months still to go before London, I am 'proceeding with caution' - then there is Copenhagen 4 weeks later. My 2 home courses!

Today's run was a snow patrol - 8km through the few inches of snow that have fallen over the day. Unlike last winter, we have not had much this year, so I had to get out there today. It is still snowing now, so maybe I'll repeat it tomorrow. Aside from being a great feeling, it is probably also good as it forces you to take things a little slower...though that notwithstanding, I had to speed up to overtake another runner on one lap of the first lake. One day I'll learn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home