Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekly Results 16th July – Going OK

A pretty good week on all accounts. Aside from the 10k Ørestadsløbet on Wednesday, I made 2 complete circuits of the lakes – on on Thursday and then a very comfortable one on Saturday after a 35km bike ride.

Finally on Sunday a 12.5km route – the original ‘Injury Route’ around Kastellet, Østerport Park and the first lake, though with an extra lake tacked on at the end in about 52 minutes. I felt fine throughout, but on Sunday evening the leg stiffened up.

I’ll take it easy this week – I am going on holiday from Saturday morning for a week anyway so will have all of next week off – and have now (just) run further this year than I had at the end of July 2005 – 662 km as against 660km.

One point I learnt this week is that my office will move towards the end of the year – so instead of the leisurely 2.5km ride around Kastellet, or the even shorter walk via the other side of Kastellet, I will have an 11km ride on the direct route or a 16km ride on the nicer road north along the coast and inland through the deer park. The sole upside, as far as I see it, will be the ability to ride or run there and get a decent bit of exercise during my commute…

My bike rides this week were both up to the north of Copenhagen, partly to figure out the best route for the new commute.

Results for the week, excluding ‘around town’ cycling and rowing done as part of a warm up (I have rounded the Christianshavnermilen figures as the distances are all only approximate anyway):

Distance run this week: 39.5km

Distance run to date: 136.5km

Distance cycled this week: 65km

Distance cycled to date: 139km

Distance rowed this week: 5km

Distance rowed to date: 47.3km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home