Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekly results 6th August... OK I know it was yesterday...

After a week off for the Kilifi Fireballs - in which Don and I came 2nd in 'The Fish' by a single measly point, it was time to get cracking on the training again.



I didn't get back to Denmark until late on Monday evening, and it was Wednesday before I went for my first run - a nice lap of the 'injury course' at 10.8 km. No problems at all, very sweet if still hot.

Thursday saw me hot-footing it back to the UK for my little brother's Stag Party in Newcastle, so that was that for the running for a few days. The party was so good that I missed my flight back on Saturday afternoon, and was only back in town on Sunday afternoon. Time for a quick lap of the lakes with my new running watch...so for the first time I can get accurate times on my runs, and even deduct traffic light time by using the split function. Woweee...this is a revolution in my running career. I took splits around each of the lakes, and at some point will sort out PBs on this blog. Anyway my end time (excluding waiting for the one road crossing) was 35 minutes 3 seconds which, being my only time yet, is officially my PB for the 8.5km run for now!

Distance run this week: 19.3km

Distance run to date: 155.8km

Distance cycled this week: 0km

Distance cycled to date: 139km

Distance rowed this week: 0km

Distance rowed to date: 47.3km


I'm aiming for about 150km total in August, and with no more overseas trips planned for now, it might be possible.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home