Monday, August 07, 2006

Christianshavnermilen August

The first Monday of the month, and it is time for the Christianshavnermilen again - 7.532 km around 'Christianshavn,' a part of Copenhagen. It is an old Danish mile. My usual running date, Brunch Girl, was injured and getting ready for a trip overseas so I ran this one solo.

I'd only done one Christianshavnermilen before, when I was earlier on in the recovery, so my time of 28 mins 54 seconds was 2 minutes faster than last month's. An average speed of 3 minutes 51 seconds per km was pretty respectable! Unlike last month, due to roadworks we did not go around the Opera House and along the waterfront, but wended our way through the backstreets until getting back to the lakeside path (not my lakes) for the last 3.

It was not so hot as last time and aside from a headwind in the 4th km, the conditions were pretty favourable. So all in all pretty pround of myself - the last 3.5 km were pretty steady, with a slight build to the end. I knew I was running fast and for the last 2.5 km was wondering when it would kick in and I would have to slow down and watch the others overtake...as it turned out that didn't happen and I carried on overhauling people right up to the line. A great feeling!

Splits were:

KM1 - 3.47
KM2 - 3.53
KM3 - 3.45
KM4 - 4.06
KM5 - 3.49
KM6 - 3.48
KM7 - 3.46

The last 532 metres took 1 minute 54 seconds, which according to my maths is 3.35 minutes per km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home