Friday, August 11, 2006

The injury run plus 2

A day off after the Christianshavnermilen, in which I now know I came 16th out of 530-odd and 5th in the 20-29 age group, and I decided to go for a slightly longer run – the injury run plus 2 extra lakes, or 14.6km in total. It would be a steady run, not aiming for any over-exertion, as the leg injury appears to be getting behind me.

I set off to Kastellet – a warm evening, with that great light you get when, although it is dark grey clouds overhead, it is bright white light on the ground. The royal yacht in the harbour, the red houses within Kastellet, and the moat overhung with trees, were all thus spectacularly illuminated.

There was nothing to complain about either as I headed towards the small park at Østerport – aside from a brief call on the duty phone from a Captain who found himself slightly delayed in a Norwegian port – and I found myself maintaining a comfortable pace past the State Musuem for Art and up to the start of the lakes.

The lakes went so well that I forgot to take split times, and came back along the outside of the first 3 at a good speed. One runner on the second lake was quickening his pace as he heard me approaching – I had spotted him about 250 metres ahead at the start of the 3rd lake and was steadily winding him in. I drew alongside, ran in step for a few seconds; he then fell pretty quickly behind. It has been a while since a run has felt so comfortable – I reckon I looked good past the cafes and romped home in 59 minutes 36 seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home